VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    i burned a VCD in a bin/cue format with CdrWIn. then when i go to the drive it is labled CD and when open the drive it says that there is 440MB but yet there are no files. HOW the hell do i watch it on my Comp??????????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I am having the exact same problem. The VCD will play fine on a standalone dvd player but will not on any computer. I have tried several and they all show the cd volume name as "cd" and no files/directories. I have pulled up the cd in Nero/EZcd/NTI and the all show that there are two tracks and that the cd is a mode 2 cd. Anyone have any insight on this???
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    i had the same problem. i was given many fixes, none of which worked. finally, someone here told me to try power dvd as my computer viewer. worked first time, everytime. that's all i got
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I tried the PowerDVD player and I get a messsage "A disc with an unsupported format in drive E:" Any other suggestions.
    More info:
    These cds were copied using the EZ-CD Creator copy disk program. Is this the proper way to copy VCD's?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Are there any folders on the VCD disc you burned when you open it? If so, look in the MPEGAV folder. You have to change the type of files you're looking for from the default of "all media files" to "all files" and then you'll see a dat file name something along these lines: avseq.dat
    That's the file you want to play. Either right click on it and open w/media player or browse for it with media player. Hope this helps any if at all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    There are no folders/files in the disc I burned.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked this:
    "In order to play VideoCD's on a PC (or even copy the dat files from a VideoCD in the CDROM drive to the PC's disk) you have to have the virtual device driver SCSI1HLP.VXD in Window's \SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS directory; otherwise, the file structure will not be recognized by Windows. My file was there but some program had changed it's extension. After renaming and rebooting, my VideoCD's now run without a hitch. Read more here."
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I did checked for that file and it is there. I also renamed the Cdr4vsd.vxd as I read that this could have a conflict and it still did not read the CD's.
    Quote Quote  
  9. http://www.vcdhelp.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=52286&forum=5&0

maybe its somthing else? try the link im jus suggesting..
    F1!! F1!! F1!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. oh and maybe try leaving the label alone or labell it "vcd" instead of "cd"??

if not then there is a probelem with your burning process
    F1!! F1!! F1!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Timmy_boi,
    I already tried everything that was on that post. If you read the last reply to that post, that is the problem that person is having. Apparantly there is a problem with the burn process. The copy-cd program was used in the case of the VCD's that I have in my possesion. My frustration is that the VCD's DO play in a stand-alone DVD player. I even went out and bought a DVD-ROM, since I had sold the only computer that I owned that had one, and it still did not read the tracks on the CD. I have since copied another VCD with the same results. If drag the cd in the Recorder program to the CD layout it burned properly. But it still does not explain why my DVD can play them and not my computer. Thanks.
    Quote Quote