VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, does anyone know why a version of Lossless Cut I downloaded won't include video when I import .mov files from my camera?. The model of camera I have is a very basic Kodak with video recording (in mov format rather than in mp4). The video quality isn't particularly great quality (at 1080x720) and audio is worse at around 89kbps, why the audio bitrate is that low I don't know. When I import a file into Lossless Cut there is no video only audio. Anyone know why?. Is this a codec issue?. Also, the complete file comes to about 10gb for around 50 mins of recording, which to me seems rather high. I've files in full 1080p from my Panasonic HD camcorder around that length and they come to anywhere that size. Considering the low audio bitrate it's surprisingly large.
    Last edited by techmot; 21st Jun 2023 at 11:38.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A mediainfo (text mode) report of the troublesome file may assist. Rather than try to guess the issue.

Also, does the video play in any player ?

And finally, can you load it in to avidemux and cut a small sample and upload that here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    A mediainfo (text mode) report of the troublesome file may assist. Rather than try to guess the issue.

Also, does the video play in any player ?

And finally, can you load it in to avidemux and cut a small sample and upload that here.
    It will import into Avidemux but won't remux the files. Remuxing as an avi it remuxes but there is an reverb/echo effect to the audio, no idea why as the original file's audio is ok. Remuxing as an mp4 it says:-

"Unsupported: Video track is incompatible. Audio track 1 of 1 is incompatible.
    Only MPEG-1/2/3/4, h.264, h.265 and AVI supported for video
    Only AC3, AAC, DTS, E-AC3, MP3, MP2 and Vobis supported for audio

Muxing as an MKV "Error cannot open"

Hope that helps for now
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The mediainfo report ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The mediainfo report ?
    How do I get a mediainfo report?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Install mediainfo >> right-click on video in explorer and select mediainfo >> View Menu/Text and copy/paste to here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Install mediainfo >> right-click on video in explorer and select mediainfo >> View Menu/Text and copy/paste to here.
    I won't remux in Avidemux.

Mediainfo:
    [Attachment 71903 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mediainfo screenshot.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	71902  

Quote Quote  
  8. As DB83 sayed in post #2
    Can you load it into avidemux and cut a small sample and upload that here?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think he's trying, as indicated in post #3 and #7.

@Techmot, open it in Avidemux, leave video and audio on "Copy" and set the Output Format to MOV Muxer. Select a small portion of the video on the timeline with the A and B buttons, then Save As. Hopefully that will get a small non-recoded video portion for the others to play around with.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well that info is minimal. Had you bothered to read the instructions you would select view (menu) >> text etc.

But jpeg is not a valid video source. There is mjpeg but I for one need to see a more expanded report.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I think he's trying, as indicated in post #3 and #7.

@Techmot, open it in Avidemux, leave video and audio on "Copy" and set the Output Format to MOV Muxer. Select a small portion of the video on the timeline with the A and B buttons, then Save As. Hopefully that will get a small non-recoded video portion for the others to play around with.
    Avidemux won't let me do that, won't save as MOV even when I have trimmed the clip on the timeline.

Screenshot:
    [Attachment 71917 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well that info is minimal. Had you bothered to read the instructions you would select view (menu) >> text etc.

But jpeg is not a valid video source. There is mjpeg but I for one need to see a more expanded report.
    MediaInfo details:

General
    Complete name :100_0351.MOV
    Format : QuickTime
    Format/Info : Original Apple specifications
    File size : 344 MiB
    Duration : 1 min 43 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 27.9 Mb/s
    Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
    Encoded date : 2015-04-04 11:34:16 UTC
    Tagged date : 2015-04-04 11:34:16 UTC
    Writing library : KD

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : JPEG
    Codec ID : jpeg
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 27.8 Mb/s
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.004
    Stream size : 343 MiB (100%)
    Title : FZ53 / FZ53
    Language : English

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : ADPCM
    Format profile : U-Law
    Codec ID : ulaw
    Source duration : 1 min 43 s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 88.2 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 11.025 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 1.09 MiB (0%)
    Source stream size : 1.09 MiB (0%)
    Title : FZ53 / FZ53
    Language : English
    Quote Quote  
  13. Your problem is
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Not so sure 'bout that. This does appear to be mjpeg not something we come across that often these days.

More inclined to think that it is corrupt either at the point when it was recorded or even when transfered to a PC. 345 mb for 1 min of video is rather a lot and there appears a conflict between the video and audio (no audio stream - 0% - even tho it plays)

But if the video is only 345 mb you can upload it here as an attachment - select Upload files/Manage attchments - and we can then attempt a closer look.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ^^ Not so sure 'bout that. This does appear to be mjpeg not something we come across that often these days.

More inclined to think that it is corrupt either at the point when it was recorded or even when transfered to a PC. 345 mb for 1 min of video is rather a lot and there appears a conflict between the video and audio (no audio stream - 0% - even tho it plays)

But if the video is only 345 mb you can upload it here as an attachment - select Upload files/Manage attchments - and we can then attempt a closer look.
    You could be right about it being corrupted during recording or transfer, maybe there was a fault with the SD card it was recorded onto. I can't trim one of the files (they are in separate files in a folder which came straight off the SD card like that) in Avidemux because it won't allow me to do it, though it will allow me to mux as an AVI but there is a strange reverb/echo effect to the audio.

Attached trimmed file below;
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you upload that 345 mb original file as an attachment ?

I am concerned tho that you originally stated that you had 10 gb files so 345 meg is hardly in the same ball-park.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Can you upload that 345 mb original file as an attachment ?

I am concerned tho that you originally stated that you had 10 gb files so 345 meg is hardly in the same ball-park.
    No, sorry I meant the complete files together came to 9.95gb, not the individual separate files, In total it was around 51 mins, but 9.95gb seems quite large. Never had anything close to that with any of footage I have recorded on my Panasonic HD camcorder even at that length and resolution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. So where did that 345 mb file, the one you provided the mediainfo report, come from ? We can hardly assist when we get bad data.
    Quote Quote