VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The Hitachi-LG GP96Y is a Android DVD Player that is giving five chances to select a region, I am after a solution & some advice.

1. After a comprhensive search have not found a DVD Region hack, and without a remote or anywhere to input details not sure there is a way, but if anyone knows then would be appreciated

2. If above fails, when I am about to play a DVD I have recorded as 0 Region, what of the 5 options should I use in the Regions, so I can continue to play my 0 region DVD's to the Android in the future if no Region Hack is available & I use up my 5 chances.?

Thanking all in anticipation
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zappfra View Post
    The Hitachi-LG GP96Y is a Android DVD Player that is giving five chances to select a region, I am after a solution & some advice.

1. After a comprhensive search have not found a DVD Region hack, and without a remote or anywhere to input details not sure there is a way, but if anyone knows then would be appreciated

2. If above fails, when I am about to play a DVD I have recorded as 0 Region, what of the 5 options should I use in the Regions, so I can continue to play my 0 region DVD's to the Android in the future if no Region Hack is available & I use up my 5 chances.?

Thanking all in anticipation
    I had a similar problem in the past and the easiest solution was to buy another player and set it to region 1 and the other to region 2. Your player is quite cheap compared to what I paid in the past. Perhaps you have a spare DVD player lying somewhere?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for the reply

I guess when it all boils down if there is no region hack, then my question is if I select region 1 will I still be able to play my region 0 DVDs on my Android player ? If that is the case I would be happy with that, if anyone is able to confirm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think this should answer your question
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thankyou my good man, answers my question.

I have DVD Decrypter on my Computer (still), and just checked a disc I did, & it is Region 1-8, so that won't be a problem going forward.
    Quote Quote