VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a Canon Vixia HF200 just learning how to use and 2 basic questions to start with. One is can anyone suggest a good free downloadable MTS to MP4 converter program for Windows 10? I've seen Freemake and a Windows editor and some others that all say free trial, but haven't seen anything that says how much it will cost after the free trial is over. I'd like to eventually do some simple editing also and feel there must be some fairly easy to use and free or reasonably priced basic editing software available but don't know how to figure out what would be good to get since of course they all claim to be. This is all just for personal use.

Another question is about a portable monitor. The camera has a mini HDMI out and using a mini HDMI to regular HDMI cable can use my TV as a monitor. But is there a small tablet size monitor that is easy to carry around and will run on battery power or an external power input? And reasonably priced? I see some on ebay for around $80 and they have a DC input but don't know if they will run on a battery or not.

Thank you for any suggestions!
    David
    Maine, USA
    Quote Quote  
  2. StaxRip, MeGui, Handbrake, AviDemux,... should be all able to convert avchd m2ts files to mp4. You probably can even passthrough the video and only reencode the audio.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote