VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is i wil convert a standard framrate video (25-30 fps) to slow motion 500 fps or more video.
    Is that possible?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Depending on the input, if you go from 25 to 500fps by adding new frames through interpolation&co you are bound to get horrible artifacts.
    Attached a simple example of such artifacts.
    Even interpolating from 25fps to 50fps will produce artifacts depending on the source, so no way you will get away with 500fps on most sources.

Cu Selur

Ps.: also added RIFE version, which is better, but still not artifacts free and this is a simple example.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Selur; 15th Jun 2023 at 13:46.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The proper way to get smooth slow motion video is to shoot faster than normal (or maybe MUCH FASTER) and slow it down.
    If you shoot normal and slow it down you will have judder motion artifacts.
    If you shoot slow and speed it up to normal (or normal and sped up to fast) you will not have slow motion, you will have fast motion, with or without artifacts depending on how you do it and your system.

All the current optical flow, AI, etc algorithms still don't make true slowmo out of normal or slowly shot footage without (usually quite noticeable) artifacts.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whilst everything Scott says is true, it may be worth trying Slowmovideo (free app,) which can give acceptable results.
    Quote Quote  
  5. falso post
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DeJay View Post
    Whilst everything Scott says is true, it may be worth trying Slowmovideo (free app,) which can give acceptable results.
    Does not work at me, give App does not responding error. Do you know another App?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, no.
    Quote Quote