VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks to your guides and many posts I'm learning a lot thanks to you, I can extract links, keys and kids and download many videos, but I have a problem with a site and I can't solve it, I'll explain it better:
    this site downloads its own software which needs to be installed on pc or android and iphone devices, once installed you need to login and once done you can see live and ondemand channels, heres my frustration, i cant figure out how to find the MPD link to proceed with everything else.
    Any good soul who can help direct me on how to find the MPD link?
    Quote Quote  
  2. without video link or site name it's hard to help about the right way to do ...

which site are you talking about?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I was expecting this answer, downloading protected videos or live streams is illegal, but if one does it for a personal hobby I think it is less risky to incur some sanction knowing that it is illegal and that it is dangerous, unfortunately not all things are done as a hobby or for personal purposes that's why I have deliberately omitted the sites in question so as not to feed the usual earnings by some crafty.
    I understand that it is difficult without, how can I make you understand what I asked without publishing the site?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by B3liv3 View Post
    I was expecting this answer, downloading protected videos or live streams is illegal, but if one does it for a personal hobby I think it is less risky to incur some sanction knowing that it is illegal and that it is dangerous, unfortunately not all things are done as a hobby or for personal purposes that's why I have deliberately omitted the sites in question so as not to feed the usual earnings by some crafty.
    I understand that it is difficult without, how can I make you understand what I asked without publishing the site?
    Some sites make you login before providing the mpd and license; that's the way it is. If you want the video use an email address created one purpose.
    Try mail.yandex.com for a one-off account
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I have a regular membership.
    We only talk about web browsers, but this, like many, use their own software, once installed, log in and use the service, my question is how to get the MPD link from this software?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Education Student (Grad.) CrymanChen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    After reading the whole thread, I couldn't figure out which app or which OTT streaming you are talking about.
    As for some similar apps, you should download their apps and then do the login process etc.
    Then you should use Fiddler or some other tools to sniff all the traffic on your device, only in this way can you try to get the MPEG-DASH manifest (.mpd) file.

P.S. This method might be a bit more tough and sophisticated if the service you are trying to access is not available in your region, in that the proxy like VPN and the Fiddler itself would be in a mess if not handled properly.
    twitter @Cryman_Chen
    email crymanchen@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by CrymanChen View Post
    After reading the whole thread, I couldn't figure out which app or which OTT streaming you are talking about.
    As for some similar apps, you should download their apps and then do the login process etc.
    Then you should use Fiddler or some other tools to sniff all the traffic on your device, only in this way can you try to get the MPEG-DASH manifest (.mpd) file.

P.S. This method might be a bit more tough and sophisticated if the service you are trying to access is not available in your region, in that the proxy like VPN and the Fiddler itself would be in a mess if not handled properly.

CrymanChen you understood perfectly, download their application and log in, you need a VPN or an IP of the country otherwise you can't even log in, I thought of wirwshark to sniff network traffic, I don't know Fiddler but I think it does same thing as wireshark.
    Do you think sniffing the net can locate the MPD link?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    i installed fiddler, i managed to pull out m3u8 links sequence and m3u8 playlist file, now i need someone to help me to make it work, pvt is fine too
    Quote Quote