VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Pioneer Blu-Ray writer BDR-207EBK installed in my Windows 10 PC. I hardly use it these days but I wanted to check a family DVD that I created few years ago (finalized) but the player doesn't recognize it. I tried to uninstall it, restart the PC but still doesn't work, although device manager shows it is working properly.
    I checked my DVD on a portable Samsung DVD player that works by connecting it to USB connector and it plays perfectly.
    Any idea what can be the reason and if there is a chance to bring it to life again?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check another DVD, then a CD and a Blu-ray. It is possible that only one type of reading is broken. Try commercial discs of each type to rule out compatibility issues with a specific selfmade DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Check another DVD, then a CD and a Blu-ray. It is possible that only one type of reading is broken. Try commercial discs of each type to rule out compatibility issues with a specific selfmade DVD.
    I did all that and it is definetly the player is faulty.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still no luck with getting the Blu Ray drive to open any DVD.
    I tried all the suggetions I could find but nothing helps.
    I suspect that Windows 10 Pro is the culprit and I am going to try and renistall it when I have the time.
    In the meantime, I ordered a SATA to USB adapter that can work with DVD players. At least it will tell me if the drive is faulty and needs replacement.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try using a can of compressed air to blow out the dust inside the drive? Did you try checking the driver's SATA power and data connections for oxidation?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote