VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

another topic on fixing VHS sound. I have some tapes with crystal clear sound, and then some other tapes with noise in the background, high pitch or even clicking. It seems it is embedded into tape and I have no idea if there is a way to remove it, please. I have some video editing skills but when it comes to audio, im totally clueless..
    im posting two samples:
    - first one is tv to dvd recording - as it was live tv, it can no longer be re-recorded. It has high pitch, not sure if this is fixable
    - second one is background noise... i tried some apps like goldwave, but the results were horrible, it was impossible to remove noise without making the track sound as if it was underwater... any ideas?

thanks a lot for any help
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I had good results scrubbing this kind of noise out with Cyberlink Audio Director. I'm sure there's a way to do the same in the freeware Audacity if you extract the audio stream first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to demonstrate an issue like this, best not to upload a low bitrate mp3,
    the high compresson only adds or disguises the problem
    Quote Quote  
  4. Last edited by themaster1; 2nd Dec 2023 at 04:15.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote