VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just purchased Vegas Pro 20 to prepare a video for my father's memorial. I have used Vegas in the distant past, when I knew it as Sony Vegas . . . I'm familiar with the Pan/Crop feature and used it a lot. However, I'm having an issue now and I just can't figure out what the problem is . . . When I try to pan/crop a photo, the output is not matching what the feature says it should . . . See the photos below. The first photo, there's no modification and everything is fine. But in the second, you see that the output doesn't match the crop, and in fact it added the right side of the photo on the left side of the output. And in the last photo, the output should be just showing my sisters lower fact, but the output is showing the top of her head.

I have a feeling this is a very easy setting, but I'm so frustrated with it! I've tried many different photos and types of photos!

Help!! Thank you!

[Attachment 71580 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 71581 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 71582 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like it’s zoomed in ?

Since you have purchased vp20, don’t overlook the VP forum, lots of experts there with deep knowledge of vp … https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/video/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you! I'll post there in that forum!

It is zoomed in - but it's not zoomed in on the right area.

If you look at the last photo, on the left you'll see that the guide lines are clearly around the middle girls lower face; but then what shows in the preview pane is the top of her head. This is really baffling to me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stay with it … https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/help-pan-crop-problem-in-vegas-pro-20-...e-out--141269/ … they'll get you there, eventually.

Consider making available to them the complete project including all assets in zip file to speed resolution of problem. Assuming it’s relatively small, jpegs only.
    Last edited by JN-; 11th Jun 2023 at 04:15.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LA,
    What are the pixel dimensions of your picture? I believe it can be no larger than 4096 x 4096 pixels. If either dimension is larger it may cause problems. Try resizing the picture in another program, say to 1920 x 1080, and then rerun your pan/crop experiment.

creakndale
    Quote Quote