VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,

So first of all thx, for all the great tutorials you offer... with the help of cedric's thread about virtual cdm i managed to setup my own, working cdm on virtual android device (version 9, same as in cedrics tutorial). I could even test it with bitmovin and received the keys just fine. I also managed to download the content i want with yt-dlp --allow-u so far so good.

Unfortunately, i'm unable to get the keys from the site i want. (the dumper is working fine as i already wrote above i could verify with bitmovin) When i access the site with my virtual android device, i just get a message saying sorry we can't currently access the content. Please check your internet connection and try again.

Internet connection is of course working, i could even log in (yes it is a paid service, but i'm using a trial account to try it out)

Am i missing something or could this side have an additional layer of protection?

May someone could try getting the key for one episode to figure out if it is just me? i will also share account login (even if it is just a trial one) if someone want to help.

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't understand why you're trying to access the website using the virtual Android device? Once you dumped the CDM you no longer need it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by 3limin4tor
    with the help of cedric's thread about virtual cdm i managed to setup my own, working cdm on virtual android device (version 9, same as in cedrics tutorial). I could even test it with bitmovin and received the keys just fine. I also managed to download the content i want with yt-dlp --allow-u so far so good.

Unfortunately, i'm unable to get the keys from the site i want. (the dumper is working fine as i already wrote above i could verify with bitmovin) When i access the site with my virtual android device, i just get a message saying sorry we can't currently access the content. Please check your internet connection and try again.
    I'm a little confused about what you're trying to do. It sounds like you're expecting the dumper to obtain the decryption keys? That's not how it works. The dumper and dump_keys.py are extracting the keys of your device, not decryption keys of the content you're downloading. Once you've successfully dumped once, from bitmovin or elsewhere, you don't need the virtual device anymore. The files you got are what's referred to as a "CDM" and are then used to obtain decryption keys through various scripts.

If I completely misunderstood your post, you can ignore this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ah ok i see, then i missunderstood something. i thought this has to be done for each video link... will have a further look today evening. thought that cdm is what i need for decryption too. Got it now. If i need further help i will ask again. Thanks so far
    Quote Quote