VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello not sure if this has been answered in your forum, I use a Mac, I need to transfer a video from my computer that exceeds the storage size of dvd. I’m preparing this video for a friend, he is not technical, so it must be straightforward that he can just insert it in his dvd player and watch it, as any standard movie. Would anyone know or recommend application that is able to execute this task…. much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The easiest solution is to copy the video file to a flash disk and your friend can watch it on his computer or TV by inserting it into a USB connector. The flash disc might get hot while playing.
    Another suggestion is to split the video into two parts and burn onto two discs. This way you will not lose quality of the original video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. AVStoDVD is an excellent basic DVD authoring program.

It will resize the file and create a DVD standard disc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help,AVStoDVD is for windows only.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Shorty123 View Post
    Hello not sure if this has been answered in your forum, I use a Mac, I need to transfer a video from my computer that exceeds the storage size of dvd. I’m preparing this video for a friend, he is not technical, so it must be straightforward that he can just insert it in his dvd player and watch it, as any standard movie. Would anyone know or recommend application that is able to execute this task…. much appreciated.
    AVStoDVD is great but only for computers that run Windows. The only free Mac-friendly solution that I found in our software section is DVD Styler. However, unlike AVStoDVD, I don't think DVD Styler can automatically re-encode video and audio to comply with the DVD spec, plus to fit on a DVD disc. Also, DVD players are very limited in what they will play from USB and sometimes won't play any kind of video via USB.

If your friend's TV can play video from a USB stick, that would be an easier way to provide the video.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Styler. will convert avi type files such as divx and xvid and other formats to dvd standards.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It is very hard (impossible?) to address your question without knowing details about your source video and target (DVD player for example can play only DVD but also it can play other types of multimedia formats).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's very easy to do with Shutter Encoder, it's a ffmpeg based GUI.
    Quote Quote