VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, this is my first post on the site, so feel free to correct me if I知 in the wrong forum or asking a question that already has a thread for it.

Long story short, I知 trying to record a video on vhs (hdmi>hdmi to composite converter>vcr) and obviously it comes out a little washed out and all that, which I知 fine with. After all I知 recording onto vhs for this exact reason. My problem lies in that the colors, shadows, brightness, and all that look very crappy, and not in a good way. I was wondering if there are any universal solutions I could apply in premiere to get around this problem, or I just have experiment with different settings myself? Obviously I could do that, but such a process would require a lot of trial and error, and also time, so if that could be avoided I would much rather prefer that.
    I知 editing, and recording, from mac, if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by electric_wizard; 3rd Jun 2023 at 12:07.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi mate,

Do your files look ok on the computer? If so have you thought about calibrating the monitor you are running your VCR into? I am also currently converting digital files to VHS (and running into some issues which I am going to start a post about) and I had to calibrate my 2 CRT TVs for my own reference. Keep in mind that other people will have random settings on their CRTs so it may never look exactly how you intend when used on a different TV.

Kind regards
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another!
    Quote Quote