VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    Have you checked the card's pins of the breakout cable ? Sometimes it's not obvious but a bit of solder could fix it
    I don't have any ability to solder w/ a soldering iron.. and the odds of 2 cards both having issues (one of them brand new) is unlikely. I guess I can try contacting Diamond Multimedia.. they might say "oh this is quite common we hear from customers about this, here let us send you a verified working replacement card!" or I get the runaround. Whats interesting is they have a new version of the VC500 called the "SE" and I cannot tell whats changed. If it was a major solder/pin issue, I'd think they wouldn't mention it and keep it quiet (but you'd think they'd pull the older card from sale as well,.. its still on their website).
    Last edited by BilboFett; 11th Jun 2023 at 22:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DiamondMM is going to accept a return on the card (though 2 are doing the exact same thing!) and says the Conexant chip is discontinued, they now use a Macrosilicon 2100E chip, which is the driver-less P&P UVC version.
    http://en.macrosilicon.com/info.asp?base_id=2&third_id=31

(it might be this one but I don't really see any difference):
    http://en.macrosilicon.com/info.asp?base_id=2&third_id=49

I'm currently between jobs so even having the postage to send my card back will be a bit.

I hope this new card eliminates the impedance mismatch, ghosting (or grounding loop).

Thanks for everyone's help thus far, I'll let you know when I get my new card and test it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Looking forward to seeing how it works. Hopefully it's not like the one in this thread that automatically deinterlaces.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oln View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how it works. Hopefully it's not like the one in this thread that automatically deinterlaces.
    ..that UVC spec doesn't sound promising If it does auto-deinterlacing I'm f'd!
    Quote Quote