VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm confused!

I have QTGMC running well on my new machine with both VDub 2 32bit and 64bit with no issues, but the AVISynth Info Tool is giving a message as follows:

[Attachment 71281 - Click to enlarge]

The 32-bit report is clean.

The QTGMC home page says:

Dfttest, FFT3DFilter and MVTools2 need the FFTW3 library (windows builds). On a 64-bit Windows OS, extract the 32-bit libfftw3f-3.dll. Make a copy of it and rename it as "FFTW3.dll". Place the files "libfftw3f-3.dll" and "FFTW3.dll" in the SysWow64 folder.

If you want to use the 64-bit libfftw3f-3.dll versions then extract the 64-bit libfftw3f-3.dll. Make a copy of it and rename it as "FFTW3.dll". Place the files "libfftw3f-3.dll" and "FFTW3.dll" in the System32 folder.
    I have double-checked that I have complied with the first instruction as I have a 64-bit Windows system.

I got my FFTW library file from here:

http://www.fftw.org/install/windows.html

So, my questions:

-What does "and/or" mean in the AVISynth Info Tool report? I thought that it would be either one or the other, depending on the bitness of the DLL (being 32-bit DLL into SySWOW64, and 64-bit DLL into System32)

-What is the applicability of "If you want to use..." When would I want to use the 64-bit DLLs? Does that second para only apply to a 32-bit Windows system?

- Is this error going to affect QTGMC, given that it is currently running with no hiccups?

Thanks for any insight or guidance.
    Last edited by Alwyn; 28th May 2023 at 00:19. Reason: FFTW Library source.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In 64 bit Windows, Avisynth Plus installs for both 32 and 64 runtime environments.
    The one that gets used is determined by the bitness of the host programs that open the script.

SO if you think you may use the 32 bit version from time to time (for example when there is not a 64 bit version of certain
    external plugins) install the 32 and 64 bit versions of fftw3.dll then you can just forget about it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All fixed, Dave, thanks, I made a note of the file sizes and found I had dropped the 32-bit files into the System32 folder.

No more warnings.

I need a Bex and a good lie down now.
    Quote Quote