VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry should have been Avisource("filename.avi")
    Assumetff().SeparateFields()
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by SkyBlues2021 View Post
    Thanks poisondeathray. I'm just trying to find a way to test it. I guessing that you have to eyeball it. I've just found something Avisource("filename.avi")
    Assumebff().SeparateFields() save> then watch it in virtualdub. Unless there is better way?

Yes that works, anything that can preview the script (e.g. mpchc, avspmod) . You don't really have to play it, just advance a few frames and you should know immediately

That's that actual content field order. That is the most important. What a file is "labelled" (eg. in mediainfo) can be wrong

Now try AssumeTFF() vs. AssumeBFF(), so you learn what the wrong field order looks like
    Quote Quote  
  3. I prefert to use bob just because it leaves a full height frame, making it a little easier to see.

Code:
    Avisource("filename.avi")
    Assumebff()
    Bob()
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks poisondeathray. I've tried it both ways and at least my videos field order is correct. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo. I will try that way now. Even though I know the default is bff() in Avisynth I still worry it will somehow have messed things up because I decided not to put it in the script. Do most people put it in there scripts or is it not a big deal. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by SkyBlues2021 View Post
    Thanks jagabo. I will try that way now. Even though I know the default is bff() in Avisynth I still worry it will somehow have messed things up because I decided not to put it in the script. Do most people put it in there scripts or is it not a big deal. Thanks.
    I for one put the field order of interlaced sources by habit always in the script (after having verified it).
    Your VHS captures as well as PAL videos are most likely TFF() by the way, while DV are normally BFF().
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Sharc. Yes All my vhs captures and DV recording all match up ok and are fine on the field order tests that poisondeathray & jagabo have shown me. Just before I started post1# I read somewhere that bff() is the default of Avisynth. I though that because of that I didn't need AssumeBFF() in the script because default would just use AssumeBFF() anyway. Whilst looking at other peoples scripts today I notice that some people doing DV videos used AssumeBFF() which worried me. Thanks.
    Quote Quote