VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there some filter or other way to make other filters apply to only portion of image frame not the entire image?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't use VDub filters, but AviSynth filters within VDub. It's easy enough to do in AviSynth. For example:

A=Last
    B=ReplaceFramesMC(15005,4)
    B=B.Crop(500,0,0,-200)
    Overlay(A,B,500,0)

For filtering where the filter itself doesn't define the frames to be filtered:

A=Last
    B=A.FreezeFrame(35605,35609,35605)###Or other filter
    B=B.Crop(550,400,0,0)
    C=Overlay(A,B,550,400)
    ReplaceFramesSimple(A,C,Mappings="[35605 35609] ")

You crop down to the area to be filtered. ReplaceFramesSimple defines to which frames the filter is to be applied. You can also do it with a mask where the unfiltered area is in black and the part to be filtered is white.

A=Last
    B=A.BadFrames(25601,25602,25603)###or other filter
    Mask=ImageSource("Mask.bmp")
    Overlay(A,B,0,0,Mask)

I'm sure someone can answer your question about defining parts of a frame to be filtered within VDub, but I suspect the answer is it can't be done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VidNoob123 View Post
    Is there some filter or other way to make other filters apply to only portion of image frame not the entire image?
    Use Avisynth here.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I don't use VDub filters, but AviSynth filters within VDub. It's easy enough to do in AviSynth.
    AviSynth is great tool, however i am looking for VDub solution as i spent day's collecting and sorting VDub filters...
    Unless VDub filter .vdf can be somehow used with Avisynth, i dont want that solution.

By the way i found that VirtualDub2 has this feature inside the core, once you add Filter and select Blend it has four variables Left, Right, Top, Bottom to draw box to which this filter will apply, this is what i was looking for.

[Attachment 71358 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by VidNoob123 View Post
    Unless VDub filter .vdf can be somehow used with Avisynth...
    In general, the Avisynth filters produce better results and there's way more of them. However, you can use Virtual Dub filters within AviSynth scripts:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Plugins#LoadVirtualDubPlugin
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by VidNoob123 View Post
    Unless VDub filter .vdf can be somehow used with Avisynth...
    In general, the Avisynth filters produce better results and there's way more of them. However, you can use Virtual Dub filters within AviSynth scripts:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Plugins#LoadVirtualDubPlugin
    Fantastic thanks.
    Quote Quote