VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any good place that still repairs or reconditions old DV / D8 camcorders?

I have in my email a decade old email where after some research I had come up with this one:
    http://avrepair.com/camcorder/sony.htm

And I am liking the sound of this guy I stumbled across on some searching:
    https://innelectronics.com/pages/repair-services

Has anyone sent their equipment to either of them or someone else and have a recommendation?

I have a DCR-TR7000 that I stopped using years ago because it ate tapes sometimes. (Usually without warning and far into the video.) But I would like to resurrect it for transferring Hi8 because it has an S Video port. So if I could get someone to tune it up maybe I could use it without worrying.

I feel like this must have been asked before, but I am not finding any posts, sticky posts, FAQs, etc. with this info. Hopefully everyone will be understanding if this is a dumb question.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you could find someone that could repair it would it cost more to repair than getting a used one off say ebay?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you could find someone that could repair it would it cost more to repair than getting a used one off say ebay?
    But at least it would be repaired. You could well be buying an Ebay lemon that is in the same state. You'd then be on the Ebay return merrygoround.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you to both realspeed and Alwyn.

The thing is, I know the history of this camera. While I don’t trust it due to this problem, I can trust that if someone who knew what they were doing had at it, they could probably fix it.

I agree, I probably could get one cheaper on eBay, but for all I know it could be in even worse shape and I might not know this until it had damaged a tape I am trying to digitize.

So I really hope to repair the one I have. Either of the repair places I found sounds like it may be what I’m looking for but I wish I knew someone who had used one or the other so I could get some validation that they are OK.
    Quote Quote