VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone. My mate downloading the contents from Polish premium websites like player.pl, polsatgo, cosplay ect. Straight to his FTP server. When new release movie or series shows up on streaming website, after couple of minutes this is on his serwer. Can someone explain my how is it possible? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is he using Sonarr/Radarr?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    No idea. he won't say how he does it
    Quote Quote  
  4. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    oh wait, I misunderstood. He is downloading them as soon as they are available on the Polish websites? He probably has a scraper running that will download the movie/serie as soon as it is placed on the website.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, when new episode shows up at midnight then after 5 minutes it's already on his ftp. it's impossible for him to download it to hdd and then upload it to ftp because his internet speed is 20mbs down and 5 mbs up
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by syq View Post
    Yes, when new episode shows up at midnight then after 5 minutes it's already on his ftp. it's impossible for him to download it to hdd and then upload it to ftp because his internet speed is 20mbs down and 5 mbs up
    He's probably using autoscraper on vds/vps
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Silv3r View Post
    Originally Posted by syq View Post
    He's probably using autoscraper on linux server
    Maybe. Can I use this tool on my iMac? Yes he's using vps
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by syq View Post
    Hi everyone. My mate downloading the contents from Polish premium websites like player.pl, polsatgo, cosplay ect. Straight to his FTP server. When new release movie or series shows up on streaming website, after couple of minutes this is on his serwer. Can someone explain my how is it possible? Thanks
    FTP?? Lmao, who uses ftp today?
    Using FTP today is like using cheque for salary or fax to send message.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the advice but it must be ftp for some reason
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes, FTP is still used heavily today. Especially by release groups. How else would you distribute the insane amount of data that fast to various servers?

I don't know what the Polish scene looks like these days, but having content minutes after going online isn't uncommon at all. If your friend has access to a scene/P2P dump or even a good Polish tracker, the releases would be on the FTP immediately. Or he might be a part of a release group himself, which could be why he won't go into details about it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post
    Yes, FTP is still used heavily today. Especially by release groups. How else would you distribute the insane amount of data that fast to various servers?

I don't know what the Polish scene looks like these days, but having content minutes after going online isn't uncommon at all. If your friend has access to a scene/P2P dump or even a good Polish tracker, the releases would be on the FTP immediately. Or he might be a part of a release group himself, which could be why he won't go into details about it.
    He downloading from every website. When I asking him ' can you download this or this from this site or this' after couple of minutes the video is on FTP server
    Quote Quote  
  12. Wonderful, just wonderful. What a great progress! Makes the world even better! Bravo!
    Quote Quote