VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The optical drive in my Pioneer XV BD122b is starting to show its age (much like its owner !)

Whilst perusing the manual I found the following

'To play files in AVCHD format on a USB device create a folder named AVCHD on the USB device and then copy the 'BMDMV' folder containing the files into the 'AVCHD'' (I have no idea what this format/feature is technically called )

From what I can gather the actual video files are in ,m2ts format (once again this means nothing to me !)

What I want to know is what software would be required to do this

Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No software is required,just copy the folder mentioned,it contains the m2ts files.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by FunkyBassman View Post
    The optical drive in my Pioneer XV BD122b is starting to show its age (much like its owner !)

Whilst perusing the manual I found the following

'To play files in AVCHD format on a USB device create a folder named AVCHD on the USB device and then copy the 'BMDMV' folder containing the files into the 'AVCHD'' (I have no idea what this format/feature is technically called )

From what I can gather the actual video files are in ,m2ts format (once again this means nothing to me !)

What I want to know is what software would be required to do this

Thanks !
    What exactly you are asking about? The thread title says "Blu-ray conversion", the text says "AVCHD", you also mention USB and a BD drive. Focus and re-phrase the question. Whether you or your BD drive show age is irrelevant. Feel free to peruse Wikipedia regarding AVCHD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bwaak
    Whether you or your BD drive show age is irrelevant.
    It's called a sense of humour and humbleness, of which you apparently have none. Stop being so nasty!

As to the issue at hand, clearly the OP wants to put BD files onto USB. I suggest that if you don't understand what they want to do, you ask nicely, instead of hitting them with a hammer by demanding

Focus and re-phrase the question.
    You sound like you're a cranky old teacher at primary school.

Where has civility gone these days??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Stop being so nasty!
    I don't know why do you equate an expectation of a well-defined question with being nasty. Quoting a famous guide:

While it isn't necessary to already be technically competent to get attention from us, it is necessary to demonstrate the kind of attitude that leads to competence — alert, thoughtful, observant, willing to be an active partner in developing a solution. The best way to get a rapid and responsive answer is to ask it like a person with smarts, confidence, and clues who just happens to need help on one particular problem. Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I rest my case, Bwaak. Pull ya head in.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @FunkyBassman
    A proposal: Download MakeMKV here: makemkv.com
    Get the temporary key here: https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 (you have to renew this and the installation quite often, but it's worth the procedure.
    Make a simple mkv of the main movie, which you can play from USB-stick (if your player accepts mkv, most do). It's very easy, you can select what you like of picture, soundtracks, and subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  8. My BR player infs that it can play BR content saved in a folder called AVCHD ( I dont know why its called that) , if you place the BR files in a another folder calld BDMV

I want to effective 'Watch' the BR content from an external drive (i.e. with the menus & extras etc rather that just make a .MKV)

I was shocked when I read the previous comment that windows can copy it directly ( I had assumed the files would be hidden or encryped in some way)

I copied the contents of my 'Cowboys V Aliens' & 'Bourne Supremacy' into :\AVCHD\BDMV and whilst there is an onscreen indication that the files are playing as well as a counter on the machine itself the movie doesn't play

I'm guesing doing what I wanted may be more involved than I originally though
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use makemkv to rip the whole blu-ray.It needs to be decrypted so you can watch on an usb.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  10. So I dont want to watch an .mkv

I want to be able to have the menus work and the extras that come from the blue ray disk but want this (ideally) on an external Hard Drive

How can I achieve this ??
    Quote Quote