VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How can we delete all empty lines and lines with music symbols in a subtitle file with Subtitle Edit with one click?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle edit/multiple replace/add your music note to find what and replace with blank and in fix common errors make sure remove empty lines is checked and in tools batch convert make sure those options i gave you are checked and you can apply this to multiple subs.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you johns0. I managed to do so with your instructions. Two more questions:

The "Fix common errors" page has many bug fix options selected. I just want to delete the empty lines. Will having them selected cause any corruption in the subtitle file? So should I unthick them all?

Another question, not related to this topic, is it possible to compare 3 subtitle files at the same time? I know how to compare two at the same time (CTRL+SHIFT+O), but I want to compare subtitle files with three different languages, is that possible?

I had one more question, I forgot:

In the subtitle file that we open in Subtitle Edit, I don't want the lines to show, I don't know what it's called, code, <br/> />, etc. I want to hide them, when comparing subtitle files, is that possible?
    Last edited by Pusat; 9th May 2023 at 12:27.
    Quote Quote