VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. How did you do that? That looks like a tool which detects the color-settings from source 1 and makes source 2 looking like it.

The thing is, i found out (wrote that in the last posts), that the bluray has wrong color too. So i had to make a matrix-convert with the bluray, then it looked good. But then i had to adjust the color of Source 2/3 again (but it worked, when i did the exactly same thing, so maybe your version should work too?)

I have now this two examples: https://uploadnow.io/f/wVz9vSq

Do your code still work with these two sources ? Source 3 in this example should look same like source 2. So it should maybe work, what you did.

Edit: And here i have another Season of the series, where also Ascpect ratio changes. Then the green looks now very different in Source 3. While i was able to match the colors quite good in the upper example (you used), i was completly not able to match the green colors here in the 2 videos below. It just wont work. Do you have any idea here ? But the Bluray is in this season quite bad. So it's like there is a veil over the colors, which makes it look less colorfull. So in this season i only want to reach the color. I dont want to have these "veil" over it.

I have here two different short clips with the same (bluray and Source 3 both upscaled and matrix convert). (the blond woman's clothes in the first and the bigger man in the middle with the darker green west in the second video):

https://uploadnow.io/de
    https://uploadnow.io/f/45RQbDK

Ps. i did upscale because i get confused by the blurred lines, when i closely watch. If you need a source without upscaling, tell me. But it has to be with a color-matrix change, because they are both wrong.
    Last edited by Platos; 15th May 2023 at 15:32.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Platos View Post
    How did you do that? That looks like a tool which detects the color-settings from source 1 and makes source 2 looking like it.
    I used the basic Avisynth tools like Histogram() and Histogram(mode="color2") (as displayed in the video) and eyeballed the adjustments. I cropped and downsized the Bluray video to closely match the sample2 video to make comparison's easier. First I adjust the black and white levels and gamma (I just used your 1.05 gamma adjustment, it looked pretty close, translated to ColorYUV's gamma_y). Then I adjusted the chroma. All it needed was a decrease in saturation (reduced both cont_u and cont_v, or it could have been done with Tweak(sat=0.8)).

Originally Posted by Platos View Post
    I have now this two examples: https://uploadnow.io/f/wVz9vSq

Do your code still work with these two sources ?
    The colors of those two videos look very similar to the earlier videos. So the earlier adjustments I gave should work pretty well for those too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The colors of those two videos look very similar to the earlier videos. So the earlier adjustments I gave should work pretty well for those too.
    Hmm ok, let me find a better video to show you, what i mean. Because the source 3 changes after Season 3 its color (forever). I can make it work in Season 1&2, but after that not. I have 2 videos. Only 5 Seconds. No Upscale or color-editing or anything else from my side, because i can't get it work.

I have here a Source 1 (it's NOT the bluray anymore, because i use a better source for color now. Also the bluray has like "fog", it's now a very different source).
    And i have a Source 3 (i want the color of source 1). The green of the woman's coat is in source 3 completly wrong. The same for the blond hair of her. I really tried long, lonng time now, but i can't get it work.

I know the source is very short and it has these letters in away, but this is a very good example, because it also contains the girl with the pink hair (this i s a very strange scene, were her hair is very different. But it is important, because then you can see, when you change sth, if the pink get's wrong. Because exactly that was happening on my end all the time. I could not get it work to match these 3 colors at the same time.)

Im very new with the script-things. Are you able to convert the color from source 3 to the color from source 1? If it is not very difficult, you could tell me your result, and i can implement it then. Because it's very difficult for me.

https://uploadnow.io/f/Nn4x6gr
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok, i tried to install avisynth and use it - horrible. Don't work for me.

But i think i found your things/tools in hybrid (here picture): https://uploadnow.io/f/FZ012RT

So i test in with some random numbers to look, what it's called in the script-preview. Now, i see, you used that. But what i completly NOT understand, is, how you calculated these values? I dont understand the values.

For example: I did an analyse with hybrid (files here with Chroma YUV Values): https://uploadnow.io/f/zmTsQ1h ]

There you can see the chroma YUV is very different. But how do i now know, what i have to change? Which values do i have to type in now and how do i get to this values (how do i calculate it/ how do i calculate the difference?)? I dont undertand. Pls tell me that. Maybe i can do it finally by myself then.

Or can anyone else explain it to me?

(Edit2: Here is also Source 3 with colormatrix-convert. Im not sure anymore, if i should first do that or not. Maybe i have first to do that before i do further changes. So therefore here is Source 3 with Colormatrix-convert (one time with chroma analyse): https://uploadnow.io/f/0b9KMgl)

Edit: BTW i did test now your code from above jagabo. It did not work on the new files i uploaded (what is no wonder, because i used not the bluray anymore in the last upload. Source 1 is not bluray).

But it worked good on the last videos, where i used 0.85 Saturation, 1.05gamma and -5 brightness. So i'm using the right tool haha. It works, but as i said Source 3 changes in season 3 in this series. And i've found a better source as the bluray (which i called source 1). So and this scene i uploaded in Post #33 and #34 is now very difficult for me to match. I want to make look source 3 like source 1
    Last edited by Platos; 16th May 2023 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote  
  5. This gets s3 to match s1 moderately well:

Code:
    s3 = s3.ColorYUV(gain_y=0, off_y=-4, gamma_y=20, off_u=-3, cont_u=15, cont_v=8)
    But there aren't a lot of different colors (and no greys or whites) so it's hard to be sure whether this will screw up other colors. The background colors (greenish tint on the walls) are still pretty different.

[Attachment 71061 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for testing !

Hmm, but the color of the coat of the blond girl is still not the same. I see it already in the thumbnail of the post here. Same for her Hairs. But it looks better on her. But you are right, the clip i s a bit short. Maybe it destroys the color on another scene.

But much more important: how do you get these values? How do you decide to take Gain_y=-4, gamma_y=4 and so on? When i do an analyse of the video as i postet above. how can i calculate the "offset" between two videos by myself?

Is this not possible with Hybrid ?

And yeah ok, i see. I wanted to make the video as short as possible to make less work. But is there no GUI which can match the color of one video to another ? Im actually searching a way to match color from one source to another.
    Quote Quote  
  7. But is there no GUI which can match the color of one video to another ?
    I know that it's possible with DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro, FinalCut, but I'm pretty sure most modern NLEs can do this. (There are probably tons of video tutorials for this on YouTube,..)
    Color grading and similar are usually easier in NLEs which are designed for it.
    (Sure it can be done through Avisynth/Vapoursynth, but you need to understand Avisynth/Vapoursynth and colors and color grading for that.)
    Don't know of any gui which is designed to do just this and thus has a simple and automated ui.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  8. What are NLEs ? You have an example ?

And ok, i guess i have to try davinci. But i hate all these "Timeline-Video-Editors"
    Thanks for the tipp

As it seems davinci can do that automaticly. but i have to check it. It has to be automatic for sure. Cant edit by hand 500 Episodes
    Quote Quote  
  9. You won't be able to do that recent one automatically.

There are non linear manual adjustments required. You need secondary color correction , selective hue ranges

If the episodes in one season are all similar , one grade should "fix" them all . You wouldn't have to do each episode or scene manually, unless each episode or scene was slightly differently deviated
    Quote Quote  
  10. What are NLEs ? You have an example ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-linear_editing
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ah ok.

But sadly Davinci does not handle HEVC files as it seems in freeversion. have to search another tool.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sadly it did not work with davinci. (after the fact, i had to reencode to make the video not h.265). The video looks now so strange. The colors are so wrong

Sry double post.

But at the end i have to test further with hybrid. The Colormatch with davinci is a joke xD It's very bad.

But i would still like to know that:
    But much more important: how do you get these values? How do you decide to take Gain_y=-4, gamma_y=4 and so on? When i do an analyse of the video as i postet above. how can i calculate the "offset" between two videos by myself?
    How did you determine the values, you have to take ?

And what does Gain and off actually mean in YUV?
    Last edited by Platos; 16th May 2023 at 14:27.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Platos View Post
    But i would still like to know that:
    How did you determine the values, you have to take ?

And what does Gain and off actually mean in YUV?
    I might have time to address some of that tomorrow.
    Quote Quote