VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have two main problems with the clips attached:

1. In the clip called "flash.mp4", the photographer was flashing with her camera all the time, and there is strong flicker in the video. Is it possible to remove that?

2. In the clips called "haze" and "haze2", you can see that for some reason, the center portion of the image became dull and lacking contrast. It is like that on all scenes that I shot that day, I have no idea why, maybe there was something on the lense. Is it possible to correct this error?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are these clips the untouched camera source?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    They are exported from Vegas. The original is mts. But the preferences are the same and the original is interlaced as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you have a more unprocessed source, share a part of that source.
    This way, no processing step that might have gone wrong, interferes. Also, no additional recompression hinders the filtering,..

Cu Selur

Ps.: the 'haze' stuff just seems to me like some color grading is needed. (maybe lowering the saturation a bit, increasing the contrast and lowering the brightness already helps) or applying some LUT (example: https://imgsli.com/MTc2MzUz).
    Last edited by Selur; 6th May 2023 at 09:24.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    1. In the clip called "flash.mp4", the photographer was flashing with her camera all the time, and there is strong flicker in the video. Is it possible to remove that?
    You can use:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/407293-ReplaceFrameX
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    2. In the clips called "haze" and "haze2", you can see that for some reason, the center portion of the image became dull and lacking contrast. It is like that on all scenes that I shot that day, I have no idea why, maybe there was something on the lense. Is it possible to correct this error?
    First of all, the "haze" video has a color range of 16-255 and is labeled as "limited" (16-235). You lose the blue color of the sky.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	haze.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	828.2 KB
ID:	70819  

Click image for larger version

Name:	haze2.png
Views:	12
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	70820  

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What happened to the actual camera samples we asked for?
    Quote Quote  
  8. The haze is almost certainly caused by refraction off the bright sky. The lens coatings that minimize that are why good lenses are so expensive. I'll bet you a donut any shots pointed in the other direction do not have that issue.
    Quote Quote