VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried RealCUGAN with Hybrid and it's way slower than with the Waifu2x-Extension-Gui. I dont know why, if its hybrid or me, but it's a huge difference.

I used following settings on Hybrid: Resize from 720x576 to 960x768 (resizser 10 bicubic spline). On the Vapoursynth-tab i use RealCUGAN and lanczos as downsizer. Then scale 4, no denoise, "more background, less texture", 7 threads and 400x400 tilesize and model "se".

On Waifu2x-Extension-GUI i use same resolution, also 4x, no denoise, very rough gap sync, model se, also 7threads and 400 tilesize. i cant set resizer and downsizer on this software.

Both have 264 NVENC, but on the Waifu software i can't set furhter quality-settings. in Hybrid it makes no difference, if i use 2 full passes and quality insteat of 1 pass and speed. its still very slow and shows me the same ~7fps after 1 minute.

For the same video with these settings i need for a 2 min video with hybrid 6min 53sec and with waifu-extension-gui i need only 2min 58sec. So im 2.3x faster with Waifu-Extension Gui. That sounds maybe not that much but it's like i would buy a new graphics card for nothing

So i believe i do sth wrong, because when i compare Real-ESRGAN with these two softwares, Hybrid is even 8% faster. (i dont like RealESRGAN, its only for comparing).

So, does someone has an idea, what i do wrong?

Edit: And RealCUGAN on Hybrid tends to make 2 lines out of one blurry, while RealCUGAN on Waifu-Extension gui does not. So i think, maybe i do sth. wrong, becaus RealCUGAN should be RalCUGAN with same settings.

Edit2: and in Hybrid it uses ~40-60% GPU Usage while in the other Software it uses 100% with no dips.
    Last edited by Platos; 26th Apr 2023 at 07:59.
    Quote Quote  
  2. 'very rough gap sync' have you tried the different snyc gap settings in Hybrid?
    Are you resizing a progressive source or are you using an interlaced source that gets deinterlaced?
    deinterlacing + sRestore + RealCUGAN (pro, no tiling) I get different speeds depending on the sync gap settings.
    sblt: 7.72 fps
    mblt: 8.65 fps
    without: 11.52 fps
    lossless: 6.96 fps
    Last edited by Selur; 28th Apr 2023 at 05:59.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote