VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've stuck with DVD buying or renting (Netflix) due to DVDs just looking better than streaming. However, Netflix DVD is dying in September, and it had a lot of titles I can't find on streaming without pay-per-view or subscription elsewhere, so I'm worried it'll be hard to find decent-looking titles.

What's the alternative now? Just Redbox? It seems there's no other DVD (sharing?) service (though I'm tempted to start my own). I'm honestly terrified Netflix and others will just throw away good DVDs... the horror. I'm sure there's millions of people that would be OK making some bucks doing P2P sharing using pre-made fitted envelopes. 'tis a thought...

Have you found streaming to be as good an experience as DVD? I've always felt it was inferior to DVD, and I'm not sure I care enough about Blu-ray to jump to it.

I like quality as intended by the studio or artist. Not over-compressed washed-out streams, if I can avoid it. Otherwise, I guess I need to know the best recommendations.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Paid streaming is now usually better than DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Streaming quality is much better than dvd quality,maybe years ago it was dvd but times change.Unless you watch through a crt tv at 26 inch the resolution you can get is uhd.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vidahera View Post
    I've stuck with DVD buying or renting (Netflix) due to DVDs just looking better than streaming. However, Netflix DVD is dying in September, and it had a lot of titles I can't find on streaming without pay-per-view or subscription elsewhere, so I'm worried it'll be hard to find decent-looking titles.

What's the alternative now? Just Redbox? It seems there's no other DVD (sharing?) service (though I'm tempted to start my own). I'm honestly terrified Netflix and others will just throw away good DVDs... the horror. I'm sure there's millions of people that would be OK making some bucks doing P2P sharing using pre-made fitted envelopes. 'tis a thought...

Have you found streaming to be as good an experience as DVD? I've always felt it was inferior to DVD, and I'm not sure I care enough about Blu-ray to jump to it.

I like quality as intended by the studio or artist. Not over-compressed washed-out streams, if I can avoid it. Otherwise, I guess I need to know the best recommendations.
    have you tried your nearest library ?? most have movies that you can checkout or sometimes buy.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most libraries have just dvds,no blu-rays so they are way behind in times for media.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote