VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, I'm new into this and I was wondering if someone could help me with how to download and decrypt live streams while the live is happening.
    Do I download the video and once the live is done I decrypt? or do I actually have to download and decrypt while live is happening?.
    What tools should I use for this?
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. N_m3u8DL-RE works great for this. You can choose to download a section and then decrypt, or live mux-and-decrypt and play file immediately in VLC or whatever.

Just run 'N_m3u8DL-RE --help' for available commands.
    Quote Quote  
  3. nxhda
    Search Comp PM
    N_m3u8DL-RE can decrypt recording

Command Line:

N_m3u8DL-RE --save-name test "URL" --append-url-params --mp4-real-time-decryption --use-shaka-packager --live-real-time-merge --key kid:key -M format=mkv:muxer=mkvmerge
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post
    N_m3u8DL-RE works great for this. You can choose to download a section and then decrypt, or live mux-and-decrypt and play file immediately in VLC or whatever.

Just run 'N_m3u8DL-RE --help' for available commands.
    Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by NBA456017 View Post

Command Line:

N_m3u8DL-RE --save-name test "URL" --append-url-params --mp4-real-time-decryption --use-shaka-packager --live-real-time-merge --key kid:key -M format=mkv:muxer=mkvmerge
    Thanks for the help! Will try this out!
    Quote Quote  
  6. command option exist to have live stream output like hls ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. N_m3u8DL-RE --help

and you can see all option available
    Quote Quote  
  8. yup but i have already checked and not found any option for that, probably possible if you use ffmpeg with pipe but not sure if it work
    Quote Quote  
  9. sorry, maybe i do not understand your trouble ...

you can explain better what you mean ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. for live stream, instead recording on disk i want to republish this live stream in hls format unencrypted but this tool are not appropriate.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lasauce35 View Post
    for live stream, instead recording on disk i want to republish this live stream in hls format unencrypted but this tool are not appropriate.
    Search for a panel called "Mpd-Player Ui"

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  12. You can stream with vlc. First use N_m3u8DL and save the two streams, video and audio. Then open in vlc:
    Media / Stream / Add: decrypted (and still saving) video-stream
    Click down on other options, check "play another media synchronously", click on Extra media / Browse, then Add the audio stream
    Then stream. I didn't try it but should work.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NBA456017 View Post

Command Line:

What if I want to stop recording live stream? Like after when event has ended and live stream keeps recording...
    Quote Quote