VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread
  1. I have a paid version of MacX DVD Ripper Pro. I am trying to copy a movie onto my desktop. The program recognizes the dvd and its correct length of 1hr 10min. However when I run the program to burn the disc, it only copies the first 29s. I've also tried copying the entire dvd over as a 'backup' so I can then re-burn that version in a different format, but it again only backs up the first 29s.

    My product license is registered. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by L.Pasteur View Post
    I have a paid version of MacX DVD Ripper Pro. I am trying to copy a movie onto my desktop. The program recognizes the dvd and its correct length of 1hr 10min. However when I run the program to burn the disc, it only copies the first 29s. I've also tried copying the entire dvd over as a 'backup' so I can then re-burn that version in a different format, but it again only backs up the first 29s.

    My product license is registered. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?
    what brand of blank discs are you using ?? are they DVD-R or DVD-DL
    see here on how to burn a dvd disc - https://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-converter-how-to/burn-dvd-mac.htm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search PM
    See if MakeMKV can copy it to your HDD first.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

    what brand of blank discs are you using ?? are they DVD-R or DVD-DL
    see here on how to burn a dvd disc - https://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-converter-how-to/burn-dvd-mac.htm
    Iím not burning to a blank disc. Iím working on a 2017 MacBook Air with an external CD/DVD rewritable drive. I have the movie I want to copy in the drive and I am running Macxdvd Ripper Pro to copy it onto my desktop.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by L.Pasteur View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

    what brand of blank discs are you using ?? are they DVD-R or DVD-DL
    see here on how to burn a dvd disc - https://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-converter-how-to/burn-dvd-mac.htm
    Iím not burning to a blank disc. Iím working on a 2017 MacBook Air with an external CD/DVD rewritable drive. I have the movie I want to copy in the drive and I am running Macxdvd Ripper Pro to copy it onto my desktop.
    are you choosing full disc or main movie - https://www.macxdvd.com/guide/mac-dvd-ripper-pro.htm
    full disc is the entire DVD. main movie is just the movie only no special features.
    Last edited by october262; 11th Apr 2023 at 02:33.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

    are you choosing full disc or main movie - https://www.macxdvd.com/guide/mac-dvd-ripper-pro.htm
    full disc is the entire DVD. main movie is just the movie only no special features.
    Iíve tried both but every time it yields the same 29s.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by L.Pasteur View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

    are you choosing full disc or main movie - https://www.macxdvd.com/guide/mac-dvd-ripper-pro.htm
    full disc is the entire DVD. main movie is just the movie only no special features.
    Iíve tried both but every time it yields the same 29s.
    Sounds like the software is giving you the menu.
    Homemade DVD?
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads

Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!