VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I recent found out about my recordings back when I was baby and I decided to transfer these tapes to my computer using a capture device. Image
    [Attachment 70223 - Click to enlarge]

I recorded the tapes from a tape recorder but for some reason, the quality is terrible. Video was much better and smoother when I watch it from the camera itself but when I try to stream it to my computer, it gets completely ruined. Is this because of the capture device or the software(OBS)? Thanks in advance. I also attached an example video of mine.

https://youtu.be/EvgephuKvk0
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Both, plus the tape player that is obviously miss aligned, Your best bet is to send the tapes to someone more knowlegeable who can transfer them for you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Kind of sad but thanks a lot! I will do that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    - OBS is not analog capture software, it butchers badly.
    - That USB card is an Easycap rebadge, and earned the nickname "Easycrap".
    - A non-quality VCR also helps cause the mess.

Essentially bad hardware, bad software = bad quality videeo.

Be careful sending to just any random company or "company" (aka, person wanting beer money). Places like LegacyBox use lousy hardware, and hire off-the-street non-video persons to staff. This means some places know as much, or less, than you do. Most don't care, cheap quality to maximize profits. Not invested in TBCs, quality decks, etc.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote