VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi... I have a movie that is recognized by mediatab and staxrip as:

Frame rate mode. Variable
    Frame rate: 47.952 (47952/1000)fps
    Original frame rate: 23.976 (24000/1991)fps

Now, Staxrip recognize the frame rate but not the original framerate. After the conversion the movie is very fast and is encoded at 47.952.
    How can I tell Staxrip to use the original frame rate instead of the frame rate?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    remux the video in mkvtoolnix and set the proper framerate
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, I have tried but, if I set the correct framerate in mkvtoolnix, the duration of the movie is doubled.

The film is 1:37:44. If I set the correct framerate the film is 3:15:16. From start until 1:37:44 the film is regular. After that, the film restart without audio.

Now, I have discovered that the original movie in the info is 1:37:44, but in the same movie, the film restart after 1:37:44 with the time stopped on 1:37:44 at doubled or tripled speed and without the audio
    Last edited by salvo00786; 29th Mar 2023 at 15:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 'Correct' framerate is 47.952 fps. You probably have a de-interlaced 23.976 fps original which then doubles the framerate (do the maths)

You could reset it to 23.976 but that would mean having to remove every second frame.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No, the movie is not interlaced. It's a strange case, but I resolved it. I have to split the file in two parts. The movie duration is 1:37:36. If I split the movie in two parts, the first part has the correct framerate and the second part has a strange framerate of 41 011.676 fps. If I split for an example at 1:37:37, the framerate of the movie change. If someone want to study the file, I can share the file with you, but in private because probably I can't share it here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I said that the original was interlaced and the warez version you have has been de-interlaced ie progressive.
    Quote Quote