VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I posted a question on Linux board here but it has still not appeared. Has my question rejected. It concerned a problem I am having with yt-dlp.
    Please would somebody help me here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Generally, posts are not rejected (an initial post is always reviewed on the grounds that it may be against forum rules/guidelines - typically spam).

If your post was not the one that was linked to above, since that was not a Q. but a reponse, you need to contact the forum moderating team (link below this reply 'Contact us') to enquire why the post was 'rejected'.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If, for example, your question about yt-dlp involved downloading from Amazon, Netflix, or some other paid streaming site, that would be a violation of forum rules and a reason for rejecting it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you did post about illegal downloading you would have got a warning so most likely the thread wasn't posted.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi and many thanks all for the replies.
    I understand the issue of illegal downloads but I have bought and paid for the courses I want. I have the books and CDs and can watch on line or from CD but that requires a computer or internet connection. I wanted to put them on my NAS so I can watch on TV from NAS. I have no idea if this breaks the rules but had hoped somebody would rescue me. Clearly not!
    Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In point-of-fact any subcsription service, according to the forum rules, inhibits discussion (the rules only mention the better known ones) which may cause your post/topic to be closed/removed.

The sticky on the main download forum clearly states that only content available to all - without subscription - can be discussed.

Linux is an OS. So while you might have thought that the topic/post was relevant there the general rules still apply.

If the provider albeit by subscription allowed for download they would provide an appropiate link. Yet they are aware that certain individuals will group together. Create one account and downloads will be allowed for all and sundry > pay once and get all.

So even if you are an honest non-sharing individual you are tainted by the common perception.
    Quote Quote