VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I ripped 'Pans Labyrinth' a few years back, a copy from the local library. It is now long gone (deleted).

I recently bought a copy at a thrift store (2 disk set). Main disk appears pristine. Plays OK in dvd player but will not rip. I had much grief ripping the 1st time, finally ript it, dont remember what I did.

Same issue with this new disk, this time, no ripping. Tried anydvd, new & old versions. Nada.
    'shrink', nada, dvdsmith, nada.

The best I can do is: all the *.ifo files get ripped, but nothing else.

Any suggestions??

-corne-

yep, Im still around!
    Last edited by cornemuse; 27th Mar 2023 at 12:29. Reason: feng shui
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are OK with just mkv files instead of a complete set of DVD files and folders, you could try MakeMKV.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Do you have access to a second DVD drive?
    Years ago when I was buying and ripping lots of discs regularly I had three of them. It wasn't unusual for one, even though as a general rule they all worked well, to have problems reading a particular disc while another drive didn't. On the odd occasion, when a disc was badly manufactured or scratched or something.... it'd take the combined efforts of all three drives to rip the entire disc successfully.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's available as Blu ray from Amazon Australia https://www.amazon.com.au/PANS-LABYRINTH-BEYOND-GENRE-BLU-RAY/dp/B09R846QFB
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try on different DVD drives. Different drives have different error handling (Liteon ones are most recommended, but not latest ones)
    Also try IsoPuzzle with infinite retry mode. If you get similar results on multiple drives, the only option is to find another disc on the market and hope it's not defective.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tried multiple (2 anyways!) dvd drives

edit: No BluRays no MKV*
    Last edited by cornemuse; 8th Apr 2023 at 13:13. Reason: feng shui
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps DVDFab would work.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!