VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone
    I hope someone can help me here. Basically I edit videos for charity events for promotional purposes. I use Filmora 12. My videos are mostly taken with a DJI Mavic Pro 2 drone H265 video. The preview of my clips plays fine but when I add it to my timeline it's a completely different clip from another event. I did see that even though both clips are in different folders with different names but the two individual video clips share the same file name. Fingers crossed here someone else has a fix for this. Many thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by PM1 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I hope someone can help me here. Basically I edit videos for charity events for promotional purposes. I use Filmora 12. My videos are mostly taken with a DJI Mavic Pro 2 drone H265 video. The preview of my clips plays fine but when I add it to my timeline it's a completely different clip from another event. I did see that even though both clips are in different folders with different names but the two individual video clips share the same file name. Fingers crossed here someone else has a fix for this. Many thanks in advance.

I don't use Filmora, but a possible explanation is a cache issue - where the previous clip reference was stored in cache and now being used , perhaps because of the same file name

You can look in the options and try clearing the cache / temp files, or renaming the individual video clips

Or use other editing software
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by PM1 View Post
    Hi everyone

I don't use Filmora, but a possible explanation is a cache issue - where the previous clip reference was stored in cache and now being used , perhaps because of the same file name

You can look in the options and try clearing the cache / temp files, or renaming the individual video clips

Or use other editing software
    I will try this after work this evening. Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote