VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Do i have to convert 4k 10bit HEVC to edit it? My pc can handle it but it seems like most software like power director can not.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want just basic editing I would recommend using TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 6
    https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr6.html
    Warning! I'm baaaaaaaaack
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    Do i have to convert 4k 10bit HEVC to edit it? My pc can handle it but it seems like most software like power director can not.
    Why do you care about "most software" if your machine can handle it? Intermediate codecs were fashionable 10-15-20 years ago, when hardware and software could not handle highly compressed delivery formats. I suppose, many people still use them, but the major reason would be multiple generations and interchange between departments. If you are doing it alone, and your machine can handle it correctly, and you just have one render after all the edits, there is no much reason for intermediate. Macbook Air with M1 CPU can handle 8K video in realtime!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    Do i have to convert 4k 10bit HEVC to edit it? My pc can handle it but it seems like most software like power director can not.
    Which version of PowerDirector, running on what kind of computer system are we talking about? Assuming someone has the right hardware, the latest versions of PowerDirector Ultra and PowerDirector Ultimate list 4K HEVC 10-bit video with HDR-10 and HLG as supported for import and 4K HEVC 10-bit video as supported for export.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote