VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to upscale my video captures at home as opposed to going to my library to do this. Sure, I can walk there but I really do not want to walk back and forth especially since they only give you three hours to do things. I only have a Chromebook as my newest "laptop" and I have been told that not many editing software works on a ChromeOS. I recently found a version of PowerDirector that works on Android. I had read reviews ranging from good to not worth it but I want to hear from the experts who know this stuff better than I do. What do you think of PowerDirector for Android?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do they have a trial version? IF so, try it and see. I have not found a good Android video editing program yet. I will wait for your review of PowerDirector.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Do they have a trial version? IF so, try it and see. I have not found a good Android video editing program yet. I will wait for your review of PowerDirector.
    I think the Android version of PowerDirector is advertising-supported freeware.

I don't have an Android box or Android phone that is powerful enough to run it and I am not looking for an Android video editor anyway.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Trolling?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Trolling?
    I have no idea.

[Edit] At any rate, I was serious. I just now downloaded PowerDirector to my phone to see for myself. The download is a free version that adds a watermark to the edited video. I haven't seen any ads yet. A review that I read mentioned advertising.

A Premium version is also available that doesn't add a watermark but requires a monthly subscription.

[Edit 2] Now I see that the advertising appears on the free version's home screen.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Mar 2023 at 13:27.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was hoping for an app that will help making my video uploads and editing easier. It looks like the only way to do this is to get an actual computer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don’t do big edits and upload much anymore, but I did try PD on my ho-hum Tab 8 T290 and I thought it was a good app.
    Multiple timelines, easy UI, no crashes. To be clear I have a longstanding relationship with Cyberlink, as a user and beta tester, and general big mouth on the CL forum, but I liked the app.
    Quote Quote