VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm capturing laserdisc in amarectv and have a usb-live2. What I'm doing now (because it works) is capturing (my settings are below) taking the avi and putting that into avirecomp and then taking that file and making a dvd in dvd flick,burn with imgburn and that plays in a dvd player. If I just take the avi and put that in dvdflick and burn in imgburn the dvd plays in say vlc on my computer but in a dvd player it's just all pixels (I guess that's what you call it?) Is this normal or have I got a setting wrong?
    [Attachment 69739 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 69740 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 69741 - Click to enlarge]

thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't know why you would need avirecomp as an intermediate step, but the framerate in AmarecTV of 999fps doesn't look reasonable to me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i've read that in amarectv 3.1 (which I'm using) it states use 999 and it will force amarectv to use same frame rate as your capture device.
    I just did a quick capture and loaded that into avs to dvd and made a dvd with that result and it plays in my dvd player. When I first loaded the avi capture file into avs to dvd it gives me a warning "display aspect ratio(3:2) is potentially wrong select yes to force 4:3 (dvd standard),so I selected yes. DVD flick does not give me such a warning so maybe that's what is going on ? I don't know where to change the aspect ratio? Is using avs to dvd just as good as quality as any other dvd authoring software? I just used all the settings that avs to dvd automatically uses. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Don't know why you would need avirecomp as an intermediate step, but the framerate in AmarecTV of 999fps doesn't look reasonable to me.
    Setting 999 in AmarecTV is correct, because it forces the software to capture at the rate of the capture card (which must be properly set) rather than the capture software itself
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jsdspif View Post
    Is using avs to dvd just as good as quality as any other dvd authoring software? I just used all the settings that avs to dvd automatically uses. Thanks
    I would say yes for the freeware/shareware realm. It's very proven. You can rely on it. It uses the well known HCenc as mpeg2 encoder or ffmpeg, which is certainly as good or better than what you get out of DVDFlick.
    Last edited by Sharc; 12th Mar 2023 at 17:12.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks,I looked into the sample I did it used ffdshow 1 pass ( I think that was it?) I ran across another post that stated use hnbc (or whatever the letters were?) 2 pass so I made the changes in avs to dvd and saved as default but I'll recheck. I just captured audio then did the vid capture of a 38 special laserdisc from around 81 so after I do all the audio stuff and get everything put together I'll do the avs to dvd process and make sure I've got that 2 pass whatever selected. I did that disc previously but that was before I realized my left audio was being sent to right and vice versa,i don't know if that's truly mono but I realized it's just not "right" (correct),and I have a previous thread for that problem,that's why I get the audio first in cooledit(it records seperate right and left there) and then i get the video silent and mix the 2 together. I did alot of vhs captures around 2010 or so using dazzle device and I think it was windows xp,took forever but I was always happy with results. But just recently got into laserdisc and there is alot of disc material of concerts that I like so I'm into that now,but it seems like windows 10 and 11 has made it more difficult to do,or,better yet,I just don't know what I'm doing! Thanks so much for responses and help,it is greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote