VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Good afternoon,

I have a Windows 7 32-Bit PC and I am trying to install my Hauppauge Wincast/TV PCI Card from 1996. It captures Videotapes and I do have my 2005 one and it works good; though I still wonder how I can capture Horizontal and Vertical hold onto a PCI card. Or would I need a DVD/VCR Combo for that instead? I asssumed a TiVo Late series 2 could do so.

But I wanted to test this 1996 one for captures. I need your help please.

I have a screenshot of the exact one I just got yesterday off eBay and I want to use this one (see photo) to capture my home videos. Worst case I'll reinstall the 2005 PCI capture card.

Please let me know if this is redundant or if I need to go a step back and get like a Mac G3 tower to run this 96 PCI Card?

Have a Groovie Day,
    Jacob R.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230309_135145_eBay.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	69664  

Stay Groovie, Go OG, Art & Hobbies Groove!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found this page https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=89431 with information about Microsoft OS versions that are compatible with your 1996 vintage WinCast/TV PCI. Windows XP and Windows 2003 are the newest Windows OS versions listed on that page as compatible with the existing device drivers for a WinCast/TV PCI card

That being the case, Windows 7 32-bit is not an option you can use. Device drivers written for earlier versions of Windows are incompatible with Windows 7 32-bit and later Windows OS versions.

I don't know enough about Apple computers to help you find drivers for those.

[Edit] You could also try this method for finding drivers: https://www.pcworld.com/article/443452/how-to-easily-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-...n-windows.html

It doesn't always work well but it helped me to find drivers for a wireless network card when the drivers on the included CD didn't work properly.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Mar 2023 at 20:58.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    UPDATE: I did it! I got it to install on my Windows 7 32-Bit PC! Now I can capture on my 96 PCI Card and really capture the authentic 90s look I remember! I'm so bloody fuckin pumped!!

Some software called WDM Windows something something :P I'll have to edit this post when I look at the software again.
    Stay Groovie, Go OG, Art & Hobbies Groove!
    Quote Quote