VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Short version: I'm using StaxRip to encode an x265 MKV, but for some reason the output file contains two video streams: one 50fps HEVC, and one 25fps AVC. (Short sample attached.) That can't be right - obviously I only want the good one, but I can't for the life of me see what option I've accidentally selected that would trigger this. Any ideas?

Longer version just in case: I've been encoding x264 MKVs in StaxRip for years, and I've always been happy with the results. I recently decided to experiment with adapting my main general preset for x265, but keeping all filters and everything else more or less the same, and it's inexplicably giving me multiple video streams. I've removed basically all filters from the sample with the exception of QTGMC, but I'm still getting the two streams. You can switch between them in VLC by going to Video > Video Track, and you'll see the 25fps one seems to be a raw and unprocessed intermediate file. Why would that be copied into the final container?

I imagine there's a very simple fix, but there's evidently something about my preset that doesn't copy over well from x264 to x265 and I can't see it for looking. I may have to rebuild my preset from scratch (and if no-one can help, I will), but I'd prefer to know what setting would cause this behaviour.

I should point out that I'm using StaxRip 1.9 as 2.x doesn't play nicely with my system.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oops, I replied to the wrong thread. Deleted.
    Last edited by jagabo; 6th Mar 2023 at 18:07.
    Quote Quote