VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Image
    [Attachment 69527 - Click to enlarge]

not even the given basic script works. how to fix?

Also even if this IS the correct way to use that programme, I still don't get it. I'm not very good with video source conversions and so I am not entirely sure how to apply it onta even a standard def clip
    Quote Quote  
  2. Greyscale() does nothing to Y32 input (Y32 is greyscale already, but in 32bit format)

vdub2 does not support Y32 pixel format, so the preview is wrong in your screenshot (script is ok). If you use avspmod, or convert to a vdub2 supported pixel format, the preview will be ok

The plugin only supports greyscale and RGB in 32bit depth . If you want colored film grain emulation, use RGBPS. If it's black and white source, use Y32. Instead of BlankClip, use your video source. If you want only greyscale grain on a colored source, clean U,V channels - apply to the Y channel only and merge U,V .

It's very slow
    Quote Quote  
  3. i see. what line do i have to write in order to convert to rgbps? and which lines do i have to use in order to get it to virtualdub?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    i see. what line do i have to write in order to convert to rgbps? and which lines do i have to use in order to get it to virtualdub?
    I prefer avsresize to do the colorspace conversions
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Avsresize

I would use whatever your output format in vdub2 e.g YV12 , YUV420P10 , or what are you doing in vdub2 ? Other operations or filtering ? If you are doing other RGB filtering in vdub, I would keep it in RGB at the end of the script

#whatever source, I'm assuming it's YUV, limited range , otherwise you have to change the 2nd line e.g
    LWLibavVideoSource("video.ext")

#convert to linear RGB 32bit float. matrix 170m has values as "601"
    z_convertformat(pixel_type="RGBPS", colorspace_op="170m:709:709:l=>rgb:linear:709:f")

#whatever settings. eg. change the grain size. Look at the documentation
    chkdr_grain ()

#"de-linearize" (apply back the gamma curve) , convert to YV12 or 8bit 4:2:0
    z_convertformat(pixel_type="YV12", colorspace_op="rgb:linear:709:f=>170m:709:709:l")
    Quote Quote