VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this tape normal? It has these tracks on the sides, none of my VCRs, even with TBC can let the video without oscillation.

[Attachment 69516 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Nothing can fix it, Even if you iron it the megnetic particules have been damaged and the signal cannot be recovered.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 1st Mar 2023 at 03:44. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    AFAIK, control track is not used if you play with slow of fast motion. Does your VCR have jog dial? You could speed it up just a bit and capture like this, then slow down in post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bwaak View Post
    AFAIK, control track is not used if you play with slow of fast motion. Does your VCR have jog dial? You could speed it up just a bit and capture like this, then slow down in post.
    Somes have this jog dial.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I have a method to solve this, touching, applying pressure, together with a soft paper, on a part close to the left rolling guider, but I can only make this method work on the Philips VR788 model, hence the tape runs normally, I already did that but the problem was in a few meters of tape. In this case, the whole tape is like this, there's no way I can keep my finger there with the paper for a long time like this.

I will show how I do later.
    Quote Quote