VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone, I just opened an account here so I can confirm libdvdcss is working in handbrake 1.6.1, I cannot remember what is did but I think all I had to do was rename the dll file, It is working for me perfect! I have a link to the libdvdcss file which I compiled myself it is the latest version for windows 64bit only, just put it into your handbrake main directory, Hope this helps!!!

https://files.videohelp.com/u/305032/libdvdcss-2.dll
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm. Virus?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No it is not a virus, scan it if you want, try it in a VM if you want, or download the last offical libdvdcss from vlc and rename the file, I uploaded this because vlc does not have a compiled version for 1.4.3 for windows and I thought it would help people
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't trust my file download it from somewhere else and make sure you rename it to libdvdcss-2.dll and it should work I think this is the problem I had
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But is not https://www.videohelp.com/software/libdvdcss the same? Or is it too old?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I did not spot that, last time I checked all they had was the source code, I cannot understand why people are having problems with it working in handbrake 1.6.1 it seem's to work alright for me, I managed to rip several DVD's no problem?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My file is compiled with mingw64 I will try the one from the link you gave me and see if it still works
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried the one from the link you gave me and it is working! I am ripping a DVD right now, So why are people saying Handbrake 1.6.1 does not work with libdvdcss?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey. Removing the note that says it wont work from the Handbrake page then.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 24th Feb 2023 at 12:39.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, just to let people know that libdvdcss works with xmedia encode aswell just put the dll in the main directory
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, xmedia recode
    Quote Quote