VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Some of my cameras output Gyroflow data to assist stabilization in post-processing.

If I use Avidemux to edit these videos, I guess the Gyroflow files become useless? Or can Avidemux edit them along with the video file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. No, Avidemux can't edit .gcsv files. I suggest to do stabilization first and edit later. Should not be a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by buzz1891 View Post
    No, Avidemux can't edit .gcsv files. I suggest to do stabilization first and edit later. Should not be a problem.
    Thanks. I don't want to do stablilization first and edit later because that would permanently damage my original files, leaving them with a second generation of compression. This would turn into 3 generations of compression after I edit my final movie, and then 4 generations with YouTube! Not good!

All I want to do is trim down my clips into the parts I want to use, leaving them otherwise untouched, with the potential OPTION to create a variety edits from them at a later date, POSSIBLY including stabilization.

I wonder if anyone with access to the Avidemux forum could please request support for GCSV file handling? Otherwise I'm going to have to bin all my Gyro files, which is a shame.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You pay to much attention to number of generations. If you choose export codec/settings properly, that would not be a problem
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If set the video and audio output to "Copy" in Avidemux then it will not reencode (compress) the data. When using "copy" mode, Avidemux will do a lossless copy of the data and just put it in whatever container that you specify. In order to not glitches in the edited output, you should choose your edit points to be on I frames only.

As mentioned above, you should do the stabilization before editing if stabilization is to be done at all.

If you are unsure if you want stabilization or not then you should do editing twice. Once with an stabilized file and again with a not stabilized file.

I am not an Avidemux expert. I am not sure if it has the ability to save all you edit points so that you can easily apply them to another file. There are other lossless editing tools that can though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Quote Quote