VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an LG GP65NB60 external DVD burner I use with my Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. Up until a few weeks ago, the burner was able to burn DVD-R discs and DVD+R DL discs at the respective maximum rates (8x and 6x). A few weeks ago the ImgBurn burning process slowed down considerably. I choose 8x as the write speed for a DVD-R, but the actual write rate rarely goes above 3x. I’ve been using the same Verbatim AZO DVD-R and DVD+R DL spindles throughout, so no changes there. The only difference I notice is the device buffer on ImgBurn, which used to stay at 90% or above, now fluctuates constantly during the burn, bouncing from as low as 10% up to 90%. I’ve restored my system to its factory settings and installed all available updates, but the device buffer problem remains. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like an issue with your burner,try it on another computer if you can.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dawgsfan View Post
    I have an LG GP65NB60 external DVD burner I use with my Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. Up until a few weeks ago, the burner was able to burn DVD-R discs and DVD+R DL discs at the respective maximum rates (8x and 6x). A few weeks ago the ImgBurn burning process slowed down considerably. I choose 8x as the write speed for a DVD-R, but the actual write rate rarely goes above 3x. I’ve been using the same Verbatim AZO DVD-R and DVD+R DL spindles throughout, so no changes there. The only difference I notice is the device buffer on ImgBurn, which used to stay at 90% or above, now fluctuates constantly during the burn, bouncing from as low as 10% up to 90%. I’ve restored my system to its factory settings and installed all available updates, but the device buffer problem remains. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    try slowing down your burn speed to 4x speed or slower, your USB port may be the issue.
    is your external DVD burner also connected to an external power supply ??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Sounds like an issue with your burner,try it on another computer if you can.
    Thanks. Will give this a try tomorrow.

Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try slowing down your burn speed to 4x speed or slower, your USB port may be the issue.
    is your external DVD burner also connected to an external power supply ??
    Thanks. Will also give this a try tomorrow. The DVD burner only has one cable coming out of it with a USB plug on the end. That single plug seems to provide both a power supply and the connection to the laptop.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I have an LG GP65NB60 external DVD burner.............

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Check the cable, maybe it is loose or broken...
    Also, does the problem persist if you use a different USB port
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    I have an LG GP65NB60 external DVD burner.............

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Check the cable, maybe it is loose or broken...
    Also, does the problem persist if you use a different USB port
    Thanks. Yes, I’ve tried it on all 3 of my USB ports with no difference in performance. I even tried an old external slim portable DVD burner (that I didn’t realize I still had) and got the same results. At this point, I’m thankful it works at all! Just wondering why this problem suddenly emerged a few weeks ago.
    Quote Quote