VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone else LOVE going through all the old video magazines for nostalgia/research? There is a great archive available that includes most of the "Video Magazine" prints and I just can't get enough of browsing through them. I used to collect the odd physical copy I'd find at garage sales etc, but having a digital archive of them all is the next best thing (and in some ways, much better!).

I find the best way to view them is using a Comic Book Reader app (either for your PC or your tablet/phone) so that you can zoom in on all the pictures or text boxes, although just using the online PDF reader works OK too.

Anyone else spend way too much time looking at old mags like me?? Sure is a great resource if you're trying to find obscure info on a particular camera/vcr/etc and the usual google searches aren't returning much info.

https://archive.org/details/video-magazine
    Quote Quote  
  2. WOW! Thank you so much for this.

I was very big into the video technology through the 80's, 90s and 2000s. I had a lot of these magazines at one time and read them religiously.

This link brings up so much memories.

1981 my dad bought one of the first projection TVs from Sony. The screen was separate from the projector which was the size of a large coffee table. My local video store got in the first VHS copy of Superman The Movie.

We had one of the first RCA VHS machines with a WIRED remote. Ya....wired!

Watching Superman on "the big screen" at home was the best memory I have of the early days of home video.

It was exciting times!
    MovieWatcher666
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    My go-go place for old magazines is https://worldradiohistory.com/ Also, Google has a bunch of scanned Popular Photography and Popular Mechanics magazines, which have interesting articles from time to time.

This particular Video Magazine vault is not bad, I opened one magazine and right away found a lot of new info, I feel like editing wikipedia article now Thanks, @Xhumeka.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. Thanks. I love reading and collecting all old printed materials about audiovisual, electronic and film technology. The era of the 70s-80s-90s was an amazing advancement in the presence of movie entertainment in your own home. To this day, I collect interesting programs and films on all available carriers. I collect newspapers, books, .pdf-s and equipment catalogs.
    Quote Quote