VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have recordings that all play happily on my HDR Fox T2, I use the download option, and this results in a .ts file

The end goal is to be able to edit this file in Movie Studio .... MS does not support .ts files so need to convert the file to an alternate video format.
    Does anybody know a free way to convert it to MP4 or anything that I can load into Movie Studio

MediaInfo is attached, but not a huge amount of detail in it.

I'm guessing that the file will be encrypted.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Tafflad; 20th Feb 2023 at 17:11.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can use clever-FFmpeg-GUI, good luck!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TSDoctor - if the file is encrypted you are I'm afraid out of luck
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. this should work

ffmpeg -i blabla.ts -map 0 -c copy blabla.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  5. Update ... found out that there is a custom code that allows PVR to decrypt HD files in hardware.
    Enabled that and I now have an mtf file that will play on my PC so successful decryption.

So with the fact I now have MediInfor with a lot more data. (attached)
    Been advised I need to just change the container, not re-encode.

What is best/simplest way to do this ?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can use clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Load your mtf, click main, click multiplex, select mp4 or mkv as container, click multiplex.
    Done.
    (AAC LC SBR Audio could be problematic).
    Quote Quote  
  7. I found a simple route ,,, used a free program DIMO MTS Converter ..... job done and now have a file I can do things with.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jack_666 View Post
    this should work

ffmpeg -i blabla.ts -map 0 -c copy blabla.mp4

Cough, why go for an unusual non-mainstream product when ubiquitous ffmpeg apparently works ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I only used it as I had it installed, it was simple drop a file and it converted.
    I did not have. ffmeg but would have obtained II and followed suggestion had the program not worked.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cough, why go for an unusual non-mainstream product when ubiquitous ffmpeg apparently works ?
    Seriously?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Seriously?
    Can only go by what comes up on the evergreen VideoHelp site search ... and that tool doesn't
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have one of there boxes too and have hacked firmware so it decrypts on the fly before saving to disk. It uses Linux internally so it's quite easy to install and configure new features.
    Personally, I use Linux and download the files directly from the Humax via my home network then normally use DVBcut to remove unwanted audio tracks (because it is fast, taking about two minutes to split a 1.5 hour movie) and finally 'flowblade' to do editing.
    I would caution you that the .ts files from these boxes can contain several audio tracks and sometime the track numbers are not as expected. For example track 0 might be the normal track for a program with a single stereo audio but for programs with visually impaired accompaniment, that might be on track 0 and normal sound on track 1. Its easy to convert a program that at first glance looks fine but then find you have someone talking all over it instead of the expected sound track!

Occasionally I find a .ts with some strange construction in which case I use ffmpeg but it is considerably slower than the other method and doesn't natively allow batch processing like flowblade.

Brian.
    Quote Quote