VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm aware there is software that specializes in downloading TiVo files from its drive. Whether it is my equipment or that my cable provider has a setting tweaked, it can't be done on my home setup.

They provide a modified version of Online.Tivo.com on their own website. I do see m3u8 playlists that I can start to grab with ffmpeg or yt-dlp, but after a few minutes it hangs and stops. The part I get is completely intact, although it's clear that everything is re-encoded since both 480i and 1080i are available in 720p.

I've tried keeping the video running in my browser and closing the tab. Neither seems to help.

I'm open to suggestions. I'd still prefer to find a way to download untouched, but at this point I'll take what I can get.

Edit: Finally got it to work. Used ffmpeg...
    Code:
    ffmpeg.exe -i "http://192.168.0.xx:49152/session-streaming/(playlist).m3u8" -c copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -o "stream.mp4"
    I left the tab open, as soon as the download started I hit pause and didn't close it. Worked fine.

Still, I wish there was a way to get the raw file, but I think that's not possible with this setup.
    Last edited by doctorm; 16th Feb 2023 at 07:45.
    Quote Quote