VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Does anyone know a program I can use to finalize these mini DVDs or open the content to extract?

There is no longer the original camcorder. The files do not appear because the disc was not finalized in the camcorder itself, but it is the video recording signal.
    [Attachment 69177 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Also try IMGBURN.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Isobuster is able to understand the file system of many variants of "unfinalized" dvd. The video files won't show up in the normal file browser without being finalized so I think that's the go-to option if the small license fee is overcomeable. Another option is to use something like photorec (which is free) that can search through the filesystem for identifiable data though since it won't know the file system the file output from that tends to be cut up and in random order so it's mainly a second option if using isobuster doesn't work. I would try either approach (or at least make a dump of the dvd first so you can run recovery on that) before trying to manually "finalize" the disc with NERO since physically altering it risks actually damaging it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by oln View Post
    Isobuster is able to understand the file system of many variants of "unfinalized" dvd. The video files won't show up in the normal file browser without being finalized so I think that's the go-to option if the small license fee is overcomeable. Another option is to use something like photorec (which is free) that can search through the filesystem for identifiable data though since it won't know the file system the file output from that tends to be cut up and in random order so it's mainly a second option if using isobuster doesn't work. I would try either approach (or at least make a dump of the dvd first so you can run recovery on that) before trying to manually "finalize" the disc with NERO since physically altering it risks actually damaging it.
    [Attachment 69178 - Click to enlarge]

I tried with isobuster and it worked, however, I followed the tutorial in a youtube video, it only worked when the internet was off, installing the program etc, I should have copied everything, but I left it for another day, it seems when I turned on the internet, the program asked to activate and payment key and no longer let me do what I want.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Also try IMGBURN.
    i will try
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh, so you tried to cheat the app, and it didn't work out.
    Maybe it would be a better idea to just legitimately pay for a valued service.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Isobuster is not free that's why I suggested IMGBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    So, I did it, I was able to recover using the isobuster itself, it didn't work with the other ones posted here.

Well, I can't save with the original video file, mpg, but isobuster gave me free option to save the ISO file.

What did I do? I just renamed the ISO file to MPG. And voilá, it looks like this.
    [Attachment 69180 - Click to enlarge]

Too bad that some of these mini dvds were quite corroded by fungi, at least 3 parts of videos were incomplete, because the DVD player laser could not read and maybe because this?
    [Attachment 69181 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Litaiff; 12th Feb 2023 at 04:03.
    Quote Quote