+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Originally Posted by Litaiff View Post
    Is there any link for a video tutorial to use the Hybrid ?
    Hybrid is for postprocessing and encoding, not for capturing.
    For capturing you should
    - install a lossless codec like Huffyuv, Lagarith, or UTvideo for example
    - use VirtualDub or AmarecTV as your capturing software rather than anything else

I am afraid you won't get much help with capturing to a lossy (=compressed) format like XviD or similar. But if you are happy with the results which you get it's just fine. Just wondering about the strange framerate. Dropped or duplicated frames?
    Capturing directly to compressed x264 is even more CPU hungry than XviD, so the risk of glitches increases.

I was making a mistake in what I wrote here.... Here in Brazil capture and conversion are the same thing, so where I wrote ''conversion'' I actually meant capture.

Dropped or duplicated frames? No, none.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Still using MPC / K-Lite Codec Pack and Xvid codec, I haven't compared using AVC yet, I really don't know how to install and capture with that codec.

[Attachment 69667 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Litaiff; 9th Mar 2023 at 23:30.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Litaiff View Post
    But I always want to improve, with the tools I have for now.

That's why I ask you guys to evaluate me, tell me what I need to improve. Am I doing it all wrong? Something I have to change?

Anyway, analyze my conversion and tell me the negative and positive points I got. I'm open to very strict criticism!
    If you truly want to improve you would listen to the great advice in this thread. You said you don't want to convert after capture, but that's a required step if you truly want the best possible results.

Capture lossless (to huffyuv for example), run a conversion after capture (I think trying handbrake is a good first step just so you can see the improvements, then move onto hybrid). It's only one extra step and you can delete the large lossless file when you are happy with the converted file.
    Quote Quote