VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way to remove subtitles from an mp4 video? The VLC does not allow me to turn them off.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    Is there a way to remove subtitles from an mp4 video? The VLC does not allow me to turn them off.
    .. then they are burned in (=part of the movie).
    You can't do anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can try opening the MP4 in Virtual Dub2. If you see the subs, they're encoded as a part of the video. At that point your choices are few. You might try InpaintDelogo for AviSynth which claims some success. I haven't tried it for that, though.

" InpaintDelogo is an advanced logo and watermark removal function using inpainting and deblending
    with an adjustable fine process to hide artifacts and get best delogo results.
    Can remove opaque, transparent, semi-transparent and some dynamic logos from video.
    Can be used to remove hardcoded subtitles or extract them to images for OCR."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks. I will let you know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Virtual Dub2 is a WINRAR. Where do I find what I need in it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You unRAR it first, and then install it. If you've never used it before, you might be biting off more than you can chew. Because, once you see the subs after opening the MP4 in VDub2, then you'll have to use the InPaintDelogo filter within an AviSynth script.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can also use clever Ffmpeg-GUI, portable, no installation.
    Load your mp4 and you'll see all streams included.
    If there are'nt subtitle streams, then the subs are burned in.
    Quote Quote