VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    i search video editor with smart rendering for cuts ads, openig theme and closing titles. Video formats is H265 in mkv container, older records is xvid in AVI, etc. For avi works fine VirtualDub or Avidemux, but with H265 is problem. I found only 2 programs, VideoRedo and Tmpgenc Smart Renderer.

VideoRedo have really bad quality and sound issues at cutpoints, interface is slow, confusing and i have feel it's harder to work in than VirtualDub. And with this issues is for me overpriced, many overpriced.

Tmpgenc Smart Renderer is great, all works fine, cutpoints have same quality as original video, no sound issues and interface is good, works with this SW is fast, price is fair, etc. But have one big issue for me, needs internet connection for lic. validation on start and this is „feature“ that bothers me.

Is any other video editor with support smart render like Tmpgenc Smart Renderer?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Fox_25 View Post
    Tmpgenc Smart Renderer is great, all works fine, cutpoints have same quality as original video, no sound issues and interface is good, works with this SW is fast, price is fair, etc. But have one big issue for me, needs internet connection for lic. validation on start and this is „feature“ that bothers me.

Is any other video editor with support smart render like Tmpgenc Smart Renderer?
    If the occasional license validation is enough to override all the other features of this excellent software (you say so yourself) I'm not sure where to go from there. Perhaps a VPN if you don't want your location known?

Originally Posted by Fox_25 View Post
    but with H265 is problem. I found only 2 programs, VideoRedo and Tmpgenc Smart Renderer.
    Your research is excellent -- but sadly, VideoReDo's creator/owner passed away recently and continued support for the program is looking iffy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    but sadly, VideoReDo's creator/owner passed away recently and continued support for the program is looking iffy.
    This is sad, but unfortunately, the VideoRedo is unusable for me even if it was free. In short, that's mean, this problems is permanent.

Originally Posted by smrpix View Post

If the occasional license validation is enough to override all the other features of this excellent software (you say so yourself) I'm not sure where to go from there. Perhaps a VPN if you don't want your location known?
    Location is not problem, problem is in principle, what if pegasys turn off val. server, what if i have unstable internet connection, what if i work on place without internet connection, etc. Ironically, if there was a pirated version, i would have no problems buying it. Of course, that doesn't mean that other people would, unfortunately.

And i know, pirating is problem and this is still much better than Adobe „membership“, but this still mean Pegasys have software under control.

So, that looks no other way is here, i must buy Smart Renderer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. solveigmm video splitter is another option, but it also has "membership" fee model now like Adobe
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Fox_25 View Post
    what if i have unstable internet connection, what if i work on place without internet connection, etc
    They only require you to check in infrequently -- they don't ask every time. The connection time doesn't last very long because you only need to be online long enough to validate the license. There is quite a bit of leeway for using the software without a connection -- usually several days. Unless you are going somewhere very remote for a very long time it shouldn't be an issue.

I suspect that Pegasys is less trying to control you than it is making sure it is living up it its own license agreements with Fraunhofer and others.
    Last edited by smrpix; 1st Feb 2023 at 19:47.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    posted to wrong thread !
    Last edited by davexnet; 1st Feb 2023 at 20:30.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, that's good and make sense, many thanks for info. Yes, after validate license isn't required connection and if isn't required every start program is great.

poisondeathray
    Thanks for tip but no, smart renderer have more easily cutting thanks to better sound waveform in the preview.
    Quote Quote