VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to do some video/audio recording of some live streaming tv shows. I know there is software to record from a playing video file, but I am talking about from live. I can use obs or my elgato but I am wondering if there is a way to download the video directly instead of capturing the screen and that whole process. If so I would like free but may consider pay software if it works well. I am on windows and I would like the file to come out to mp4 or something reasonable size and readily playable. No need for editing and even the quality does not have to be top notch as these are mostly just tv talk shows.
    Quote Quote  
  2. depends on if the live stream has encryption on it and what type of encryption.
    without knowing any details n_m3u8dl-re works well for other sites and supports live streams.
    Quote Quote  
  3. if you want pay try streamfab. or tubedigger

but well, as ElCap says, you can't be sure of succeeding in the download, even if the program is paid. it all depends on the site hosting the video
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    if you want pay try streamfab. or tubedigger

but well, as ElCap says, you can't be sure of succeeding in the download, even if the program is paid. it all depends on the site hosting the video
    + try TubeDigger is the best app for that (Trial mode has 50% size limitation for downloading and 4 MB for recording.)

https://dealschief.com/shop/tubedigger/ 40% discount
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And to echo what has already been said, there is no guarantee with whatever software you use what may work for one service may not work for another.For the live streams I regulary use TubeDigger works for both. Jaksta used to work for both but now only works for one.But for some services that Jaksta fail they also have a "Digital Recorder" mode that grabs other live streams not supported by direct download of that fail with both.At the end of the day you pays your $$ and hope....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok thanks to all of the ideas. I will try them. I would need a tutorial for the n_m3u8dl-re though! I can do things, but sometimes need instructions.
    Quote Quote