VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop with a PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A5LH DVD burner. I’m running Windows 10.
    Last night the burner stopped working. I burned a few coasters and got error messages that the device couldn’t be found. I uninstalled it and rebooted my computer. The drive reinstalled itself, but when I just tried to use it, it has disappeared. I can only find it when I open Device Manager and choose the option to Show Hidden Devices. When I look at the Properties tab, I see the info in the attached pic. Anyone have ideas on how to get this working again?
    Thanks.
    [Attachment 68853 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. UPDATE: My laptop is now recognizing the drive, but when trying to burn a DVD with ImgBurn, the burner starts up like it is going to burn. The “Time Elapsed” counter starts, but after about three minutes of no progress, the burn fails due to an I/O error. Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Probably HW error, although you should bring up the driver/driver details and post the screenshot
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Things don't last forever.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Delete all hidden devices related and reboot.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to this PxHlpa belongs to Sonic software. I'd uninstall it, make sure that entry dfisappears and see
    if the drive is now visible
    https://www.file.net/process/pxhlpa64.sys.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for all the suggestions. Nothing has worked. I even went as far as restoring my computer to the factory settings, but the DVD burner still isn't showing up in Device Manager, even when viewing hidden devices. I'm stumped.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Possibly the burner is simply defective.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah, that’s what I’ve concluded. After five years, it’s possible. The only thing that confuses me is the laptop failing to recognize the burner at all. I’ve had burners die in the past, but the burns would just fail. I don’t remember any burners “disappearing” at the end of their lives.
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dawgsfan View Post
    I don’t remember any burners “disappearing” at the end of their lives.
    Check whether the SATA-cable is o.k.
    (not broken, not loose).
    Also possible, maybe the SATA-port is failing
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 27th Jan 2023 at 14:10. Reason: grammar
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote